Saturday, May 20, 2006

Update!

2 days ago, I had an interview for a position I applied for in Kelowna. It's a company I've wanted to work for for many many years now. Ask anyone who knows me; this is the place for me. It's a good reputable company with much opportunity for advancement, which was why I've wanted to work there forever and a day. Plus, I love all the services they offer, including the new one coming up in the next month or so. I hope I get this position, as I think it would rule, and would be a great excuse for me to move back to my home.

Last night my friends and I decided at 7pm that it would be a good idea to drive 2 hours to my home and play some games at the gaming centre they have there. They have batting cages, indoor and outdoor mini-golf, bumper cars, and video games. I only spent $17 and managed to waste 2 hours. It was great fun.

We went for coffee at a place I've been to many times before, and didn't get home until 4am. I slept well last night for the first time in around 3 weeks. Now that the interview is over, I don't have to worry about whether or not they will even call for an interview. Now I'm on the other side of it, waiting for 'the' call, 7-10 days from now. I don't like the waiting, but I understand the reasons why, so I'll just wait patiently and hope it goes my way.

I've been reading many articles of this home town of mine, and it's unbelievable the change that's occurred lately. Housing prices are ridiculous, and the unemployment rate is so low they could not report it statistically in January. It currently sits at 4%. The same is happening in the town I'm in right now. Employers are posting help wanted signs everywhere you look. However, the market is for skilled labour. If you are skilled in cabinetry, this town is the place to be. You will basically have your choice of employer, and will be able to afford to live anywhere you want. Since there's so few employables in the town, people are scrounging for employees and are almost willing to pay anything you ask for.

Today in the paper they were saying that a house purchased 5 years ago would have gone for $155, 000. Now, you'd easily get $355, 000 for it. Insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home