Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Moving sucks.

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I always do. This has to be at least the 15th time that I've moved since I left my mom's place. To be honest, I've lost count by now.

I am moving back to K-town, which is awesome. I got the job at the company I've wanted to work for since I new they existed. Awesomer. I am living with awesome people in what sounds like an awesome house in downtown K-town. Awesomest.

However, I have a lot less time to pack than I thought I would. We had figured that the roommates would come from Alberta and unload everything, then go from K-town to the Loops where I am, get all my big stuff, and head back. Then I received word today that no, in fact, they threw out a lot of CRAP and made tons of room in the truck, so we can take everything at once. This would normally be great, except that instead of having all day Thursday to finish packing the things that can't fit into my car, my time was shortened by 10 hours. That's not bad though, as I managed to take down my bookshelf and my computer desk. All that's left now, which I can do tomorrow, is my entertainment centre. That will be a shitty job, as will the bed (especially because it only became my bed when I moved in this place) but mostly because I've never taken the thing apart, so I'm not sure how it will work. The new roomies will be able to help me figure it out though. It also sounds as if we may have some extra help when we get everything down to K-town. My friend from there was originally going to come with the roomie to get all my stuff, but now that they're stopping in on their way out, there's no reason for him to do so. I left some messages for him asking him if he'd help us once we got into town, but I haven't received an answer yet.

The last few days at work have been insane. Absolute chaos. We received a new contract on Friday without anyone really knowing, a 24 hour contract, and within 1 day we had 2 people gearing up to start the training, which begins on Monday. As well, although many people filled out applications, not many handed them in, so the two of us went around harrassing people until we met our quota. I felt bad for my friend though; she got there at 6:30, and didn't leave until 5:15. And tomorrow they have their first client call, where they will finally have the answers to the questions they've had for a long time now (3 days).

As well, 2 people left my team yesterday and today, and another gave his notice for 2 weeks from now. A fourth also said by the end of August he'd be gone as well. If I wasn't leaving the company completely, I'd totally head over to the other side, as it's the shift I've wanted for a very long time, and to be part of a new piece of business is great for the ole resume. That's okay though, I think my resume more than speaks for itself at this time, especially since I got the job I wanted.

Our bathroom sink is broken right now. It's been more and more sluggish draining water in the last couple of weeks, and then all of a sudden BLAMO. The roommate goes to fix it, turns one piece of the pipe to get it cleared out, and the completely rusted out pipe splits all the way to the wall. Unfortunately this means we have to wait for the World's Worst Landlords to come over or at least TRY and make an appointment to fix anything, which probably won't happen until I've moved. Unfortunately, that means we are brushing teeth and washing faces in the kitchen sink, which to me, is just gross.

I think I've got around 1-3 boxes left to pack (the little stuff never looks like much until you try and fit it into a box) and then I'm done. Yippeeeeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home