Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What a fucking NIGHTMARE

Wow. I don't even know where to start.

We had the Christmas with the roommates last night. It was great and everyone had an awesome time up until my cat fell. And fell REALLY FUCKING FAR. There is this ledge in our place that at it's deepest point, reaches all the way to the bottom of the bottom flight of stairs. I hope I am explaining this properly...

Anyway, a very unfortunate series of events took place next:

One of my dear friends who came over put her purse on the ledge right up against the edge where my cat normally goes when the dog chases her, to get it out of the way, so the dog wouldn't try and eat anything inside it, and so no one would step on it.

Unfortunately the dog engaged in his normal activity of chasing the cat, and she went to jump up on the ledge. The purse was in the way, and when she jumped up, because it's super pliable leather, she tried to find purchase and couldn't, which means she fell of the ledge.

She ran and hid, which everyone assured me was normal. She had fallen a long way, and was scared shitless, so she ran and hid under one of the roommate's bed. She wasn't wining or anything so I figured it was okay.

She ran upstairs after about 3 hours, and one of the roommates noticed that she was limping. I was worried, so I went into my room, where she chose to hide under the bed. After a while, she came out enough so we could look at her. Her back paw was VERY swollen, and when my sister felt it, she said it felt like there were bones sticking out.

We took her to the vet today, and $300 later, it was deduced that she did indeed break 2 bones in her leg (right before where her feet are attached). So tonight she is spending the night at the vet because they had to give her general anaesthesia to knock her out while they set the bones back into place. This means no running no being chased by the dog no NOTHING for at least a month. Which also means I am NEVER going to get any sleep, because when she wants out, she scratches the door until I let her out. I have used spray bottles with water in them, plugging the bottom of the door with a towel, EVERYTHING. Nothing deters this kitty. So now she will be running around in my room only with a splint and a cone on her head for 30 days. After that I have to stuff her back in the cat carrier (which is always fun) to take her back to the vet so he can decide whether or not it's okay to take the split off. That means another $120 Xray to determine whether the bones have fused back together or not.

Sadly, because I don't handle extremely worrying situations well, I pretty much ruined the rest of the night because I was in a terrible mood. I also snapped at one of my best friends. I apologized today, but I still feel bad that I ruined everyone's night. It wasn't anyone's fault which makes this even harder to deal with because I don't have anyone to blame. Sometimes screaming at someone or at least explaining why you are upset can help, but there isn't a single person who wants to hear it. Or needs to, for that matter.

As I was saying, I was initally relieved that I knew what was wrong and that she wasn't going to die (although the way I reacted last night you'd think my cat just did die), so I thought, okay, I'll head with Brooke to her doctor's appt so she could get more painkillers, and then I'll head to work and decorate.

I went home, packed the car FULL with my decoration boxes and the stereo I bought for us to use at work, and on my way there, I got rear ended.

I.

Got.

Rear.

Ended.


When the fuck is my terrible fucking luck going to end? am I really that horrible of a person that I deserve this shit?

This on top of all the stress I'm feeling at work because I can't handle my boss was the last thing I needed.

I just need my car to die, which will be the best ending ever to this year.

Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home