Friday, November 17, 2006

Interestingness

I've had the craziest couple of weeks. At work it's probably been the 3 most fascinating weeks I've ever experienced in my life. The cable world is insane. I can't believe how much more there is to the technology that what I'd originally thought. Either way, the training for my new position hasn't been structured at all, but what I've learned I will be able to use in the new position, so at least there's that.

Car wise it's still making a rubbing noise which I figured was because the protective covering that protects the wheels from shooting rocks into my oil pan had broken, but after Shaunn looked at it he deduced that it's just that the bolts had come out. Tomorrow morning at 8am I have an appt at RPM Automotive to have them find out where the squealing is coming from, and just to take an overall look at it, to see if it's worth hanging onto, or if I should be considering this Mercury Topaz that my brother doesn't want anymore. I think he will give it to me (and I'll pay him $200 when I can) as long as I fix the oil pan, which he destroyed by driving WAY TOO FAST on his girlfriend's street, which was experiencing massive construction on the roads.

Electronically, my monitor that I got with a computer at an auction type thing at my old job quit 3 nights ago. I had just finished moving my computer tower, as it was getting hot. I noticed that the side fan wasn't doing much of anything, as I have the air flow inside the case set up so a lot of heat is ejected through the side, and it was leaned up RIGHTAGAINST my entertainment centre. So I tilted the tower a bit to give it more room to breathe, and unfortunately right after that the monitor stopped working. I didn't have time to deal with it until today, thinking it wasn't a big deal as the cord probably became unplugged in the back (which has happened many times before), but after all the troubleshooting I can think of, I can't get a picture to come up. The monitor was probably 8 years old anyway, and was used all day every day in a call centre, so it's no surprise that it went. Just glad I love the dual monitor setup, as I still have a monitor that works. Sadly, I love the dual monitor setup, and am feeling awfully cramped.

In other news, I have recently started listening to Army of Anyone, and WOW they are insane. The bad is a mish mash of formerly popular bands, with the lead singer of Filter, and the bassist and guitarist of Stone Temple Pilots. I have had this CD with me for all of 2 days and I have noticed I am singing the songs in my sleep. These guys will do well.

In more 'other news' 2 nights ago I was at Shaunn's house having dinner. Brendan of the awesome band Retrograde has been there for a few months off and on, and while Shaunn was burning something for me, Brendan came downstairs to chat with us. Shaunn mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of Muse, so him and Brendan played a bit of a HUGE concert they put on last year in Glastonbury. I have to say that for 3 people in a band, they have phenominal HUGE sound. I think I may have to watch that entire concert and try their music out again. Shaunn has been trying to get me into it for a long time now (ever since he started liking them) and I wasn't really interested. Now that I've seen them in action, I hum a song or two every once in a while and imagine them on stage, which is usually the first step towards fandom. As well Brendan played me 3 or 4 new Retrograde songs that weren't totally finished but still sounded good. I am loving the direction they're taking. Hopefully the album will be out in the early new year for my sister and I to play until we almost hate it. That typically means a tour...and more chances for my Digital Rebel XT to shine.

This weekend is shaping up to be a busy one, last night I worked 7:30am - 4pm, and then came back at 10:30pm and worked until 6am. I was not required to come in today, which was awesome, and I got to do something no one else has done. Saturday I have the appt for my car, and then after that Brooke and I were invited to Brooke's friend's parent's house for dinner (the friend still lives in Alberta). They are simply the cutest British parents ever. I can't wait to see them again.

Finally, I will leave Earl with this thought (since he's the only one who reads this site):

I am NOT impressed with this fucking bullshit the TV networks are pulling where they play an extremely popular show for 3-4 months, and then kill it with the promise of coming back 6-18 weeks later. Who the fuck do they think they're playing around with? I don't care about your fucking dropping ratings, I care about my shows. If you want to see the ratings go down further, keeo doing what you're doing. And why the fuck isn't 24 starting until the new year? Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home