Saturday, June 02, 2007

Men!

I'm not sure what it is about men lately, but they have been acting stranger and stranger for no reason at all. I got my hairs cut, and now every male around me has lost his mind. But it's not just me who's driving them crazy.

Here's an example:

3 weeks ago, some guys who are from a random province here in good ole' Canada were sent here to help us with our workload. 2 nights ago was their last night in town. I was invited, along with quite a few others, to come to their hotel, sit in the bar, and say goodbye. So I went, had a few, and after much coercing, got my friend to come as well. Her and I ended up shutting the place down with the 2 men. The one, who was from a province that has such a strong accent it's immediately recognizable upon hearing one speak, got far more drunk than his friend. He got worse and worse as the night went on, and his attention became more and more focused on my friend as well. He even went PAST the slurring point, but that's okay, because his attention wasn't focused on me. Anyway, we went for breakfast with these guys. It was a great time, I really got along well with the other guy, so well in fact that I thought if he wasn't already married with 3 kids, the way my night ended would have been a lot different than the way it did.

I digress. This other guy wouldn't leave my poor friend alone, he was constantly touching her, trying to kiss her, flirting with her, hanging all over her, and on and on and on. After breakfast was done we walked back to our cars and got ready to leave. I said goodbye to both of them and got into my car, ready to go. Sadly, the guy wouldn't leave my friend alone again, so I ended up sitting in my car, waiting for him to go home. The friend that was nice, and not nearly that drunk, went up to his room, and said 'if you are having problems getting him to leave you alone, please let me know, and I'll come down and get him'. I ended up texting this guy after 30 minutes of us trying to leave to ask him to please come down and get his friend. So finally, after about another 20 minutes, we finally left. What a night.

So, last night, I'm sitting in my living room, watching a random movie, rejoicing that my hangover was finally gone, and guess what? I get this phone call from a different girl at work saying hey, we know you said you were going to come tonight, so we're wondering what time you're coming? I had completely forgotten all about the emails that were sent on my last day off. So, I put my contacts in, grabbed some perfume, and took off.

I got there, and all was calm and fun. I had forgotten how fun those people can be, it's been a long time since I even worked with them, especially with the launch of our current new department. Anyway, then 2 more people showed up that I didn't expect. One of them I haven't seen in a while, and I thought nothing of it, because he is moving very far north of where we are now. His wife has been in the new house for about a month now, getting the kids unpacked and getting everything set up, while he continued to stay here and train for the new position he just recently got.

And oddly, he was ALL OVER ME. He wouldn't stop touching me, arms and hands everywhere, making little jokes with big sexual connotations, flirting, a lot of the same stuff I'd seen the night before. It was insane, and it got even stranger. At one point he had moved to the other side of the table and was standing there talking with a friend who had my camera in her hands. He said something to her, and they both pointedly looked at me. I saw her say "No, I'm not going to do that!" and he said something along the lines of, "Just get the camera out, I'm gonna go do it!"

He then went directly to me and sat down in the chair next to mine. I can't for the life of me remember what he said, but the next thing I knew, he was kissing me full on the mouth. Well, this freaked me right out, as I wasn't sure where he was going with that or why. She didn't end up getting the shot, because the lens cap was still on the camera, and she didn't get to open it up fast enough. This is probably a good thing. We went for a smoke shortly after that, and he apologized and said he didn't mean to freak me out, which was fine, but still, it was very strange. He kept making all these comments like how I should get really drunk, because then I could 'be taken advantage of' amoungst many other small comments. Our groups split up so we could take off from that bar and check out the newly renovated peeler bar, down the street. I never saw him again for the rest of the night. I walked back to my car, and drove home, all the while punshing myself for drinking a second night in a row.

I'm not sure what it is about this and last month, but some VERY strange happenings have been occurring. I think maybe I will end up taking a step back and thinking on this stuff again later, but since I've told the story now, there's nothing else to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home