Wednesday, September 05, 2007

August is done? Already?

It appears to me August started and ended without anyone telling me. I was thinking that I'd have to plan carefully around the month, as rent was due, and I'd have to save a chunk of cash for an expensive trip to get the fucking passport bullshit taken care of.

Now I'm thinking ahead, to my trip in November to the Dominican (Puerto Plata) where I'll be watching my best friends get married. I cannot wait for this day, as I've been looking forward to it since I met them.

I had to cash in my stocks at work to be able to afford this, and I'm okay with that. They took $896 off in tax, so after cashing it in, I'll receive around $3000. The trip costs $1700, plus an extra flight my travel agent wouldn't schedule for me, as it can't be part of the trip. Oddly, my other friends in Fort St John and Kamloops were able to make the flight to Vancouver part of their trips, but I wasn't able to. So once I pay for the trip, I have to head down to the airport to schedule and pay for a flight to make sure I get to Vancouver in time to catch the correct plane. what a pain in the ass.

In other news, I am living in spider hell. Yesterday I saw a big brown one in my bedroom just as I was heading to bed, and only because my cat saw it first and tried to attack it. I shooed her away and killed it with a box of Q-Tips, as it was the only thing I had that was sturdy enough to kill something of that size.

This morning I went outside to have a smoke, and there was black widow #10, waiting outside my door. It was dead, thanks to Raid Spider Blaster. The shit lasts for weeks after spraying for the first time, and kills more than just spiders. However, I'm now seeing far more bug bodies than I've ever seen all in one place before, and I'm getting more and more afraid to come home at night, because I'm not sure what I'll find out there. I'd love to be able to ask my property manager to spray the outside of our places, but she refuses to pay for anything that will help us, as she's a complete psycho bitch.

SO, off to Home Depot when they open to buy a new door sweep, and more Raid Spider Blaster. I won't be able to retain my sanity for much longer. I've already had one almost sleepless night because I was so scared of them coming up on my bed, and/or hurting my cat. And according to the guy that lives next to me, this happens every year. I think it's safe to say that I'm never going to suffer through another summer in this god forsaken place ever again. I can't handle the new grey hairs I've sprouted over this bullshit. I wish I could just get over the fear, but they are UGLY, and the run too fast for my liking, and they really are a danger to my cat.

Gotta run, Home Depot is open, and I need to take care of my poor over stressed brain before I lose it for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home